PERSONAL DATA CONSENT FORM
Kindly read this Personal Data Consent Form carefully.
1)Collection of Personal Data
This Personal Data Consent Form is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. For the purposes of you engaging our services, you have provided to us personal data and information about you (“Personal Data”). We treat and view your Personal Data seriously.
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, we wish to give you notice that your Personal Data will be collected, recorded, held, stored and processed by us, MWD Wills Depository Sdn Bhd (1177906X), including our employees, to be utilized and dealt with in accordance and in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
2)Source of Personal Data
In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to us directly (whether when engaging us to provide our services or during any communication with us, MWD Wills Depository Sdn Bhd (1177906X)), we may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources, including without limitation, from online search tools, information obtained from third parties through lawful sources including but not limited to the Companies Commission of Malaysia, National Registration Department of Malaysia and the Malaysia Department of Insolvency, or at events organised or participated by us, MWD Wills Depository Sdn Bhd (1177906X).
In respect of personal data of third parties such as your spouse and family members, you warrant that you have obtained their consent to allow us to process their personal data and you will extend a copy of this Personal Data Consent Form to them.
3)Nature of Personal Data
The Personal Data processed by us may include, but not limited to, information concerning your name, age, identity card number, passport number, correspondence address, gender, date of birth, race, marital status, income tax details, contact information, nationality, family details and bank account details.
In respect of personal data of third parties such as your spouse and family members, you warrant that you have obtained their consent allowing us to process their personal data and you will extend a copy of this Personal Data Consent Form to them.
4)Purpose of collecting Personal Data
The collection and processing of your Personal Data is done for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- Verification of identity and credit standing.
- Contacting you and the delivery of notices or letters to you or your nominated persons.
- Maintaining proper administration and record keeping of all matters in which you have engaged our services.
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements, including compliance with any laws and/or orders of Court and disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code.
- Determination of ownership of assets and liabilities.
- Conducting background checks as may be necessary or appropriate.
- Maintaining a continuous relationship with you and allowing us to provide continuous customer care and the upkeeping of any matters relating thereto for instance sending you materials such as season greeting cards, newsletters, articles, write-ups and other updates..
In connection with this, we may also from time to time for the above purposes request further Personal Data from you and subject to any notice of otherwise from you, you are deemed to have consented to provide us with the further Personal Data requested for.
If you do not agree or consent to us processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this item 4, please notify us via the contact details set out in item 8 below.
5)Impact resulting from failure to supply Personal Data
During the course of us providing our services to you, certain Personal Data of yours must be provided for, the compliance of any legal obligation(s) and the necessary furtherance of the services rendered to you. We may also require certain Personal Data which, whilst not obligatory, may be necessary to achieve the results sought for in engaging our services. Failure to provide the necessary Personal Data may:-
- affect the provision of our services to you;
- affect the preparation and supply of any documentation that may be required.
We shall endeavor to safeguard and maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
Kindly take note that certain Personal Data relating to you may be required to be disclosed to third parties. In such an event, you hereby agree and consent that we may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the third parties, within or outside Malaysia, including without limitation, as follows:-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court, or in response to a competent or government agency;
- any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
- government agencies, statutory authorities, industry regulators and other similar authorities;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, or other financial or professional advisers;
- our contractors or third party service or product providers as may be necessary or appropriate;
- such other party as we deem necessary for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 4 above; and
- as otherwise permitted under Malaysian law, including without limitation, the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
In this regard, we shall endeavor to take all necessary steps to only disclose relevant Personal Data to the aforesaid said third parties. Further, kindly note that you may, at any time, write to us to limit how your Personal Data is being used / disclosed.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavor, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to your Personal Data.
Whenever we provide any Personal Data to any Third Parties we shall take reasonable steps to ensure that these parties are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the service they are contracted to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
8)Your Rights of Access and Correction
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Personal Data Consent Form unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by law and thereafter the Personal Data shall only be retained for statistics and research purposes.
We endeavour to take reasonable precautions to ensure that the Personal Data that we collect and/or process is accurately reflected in our system in accordance with the details provided by you. Therefore, the accuracy of the Personal Data depends to a large extent on the information you provide. Should there be any change to the information contained in your Personal Data supplied to us, kindly inform us as soon as possible.
You have the right to request access to your Personal Data held by us and make correction(s) thereto. In particular, you may:
- check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated and supply you with a copy of the Personal Data as corrected;
- communicate to us in written form your objection to the use of your Personal Data for any purpose whatsoever whereupon we will not use your Personal Data for these purposes; and
- communicate to us in written form your withdrawal, in full or in part, of your consent given herein.
(Collectively referred to as “Request(s)”)
Subject to any applicable restrictions under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and contractual conditions, we shall comply with such Request(s) within a reasonable time period.
If you wish to access and/or make a correction / deletion to your Personal Data held by us, you may do so by making a written request to us and addressed to our Compliance Department. The written request can be made by way of:-
Post : C-6-22 Centum@Oasis Corporate Park, No 2 Jalan PJU 1A/2, Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya 47301 Selangor
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Nothing in this Personal Data Consent Form shall limit the rights of MWD Wills Depository Sdn Bhd under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Personal Data Consent Form from time to time.
In engaging our services and/or continuing to engage our services and/or having engaged our services and/or communicating with us with the view to engaging our services, you will be deemed to have consented to allow us to collect, record, hold, store, process and deal with your Personal Data until and unless we receive written notice to the contrary from you.